Saturday, August 15, 2009

Well that didn't take long

Big things are happening to Timmy's food repertoire...

After a couple days of practice, he can now feed himself the cereal puffs. I think he gets pretty excited when he is successful in transferring them from his tray to his mouth. I can't even imagine how excited he'll be when he can eat whole blueberries!

Timmy Eating Puffs - take two from Lisa Ottomanelli on Vimeo.



He also tried meat for the first time today. He really liked turkey! Don't get too excited, Grandpa Ottomanelli... we didn't hand him a big chunk of steak! For now, we gave him pureed ground turkey with some applesauce. This was a hit. The other meat they recommend starting with is Lamb (easy to digest), but the smell of that makes me want to barf, so we'll probably try chicken next.

In preparation for our trip back east, we also tried out baby food from a jar. The first one was apples & blueberries, which he liked. He was not so interested in the second jar with bananas. I bought a few more today so he will have a variety to choose from when we travel.

Lastly, we started sneaking a tiny bit of formula into his sippy cup. I'm not sure when, maybe not for a few more months, but there is an end to nature's nectar sometime in Timmy's future.

No comments:

Post a Comment