Can you believe it, five months have already gone by! We survived the first phase of our lives together...Law school is done. I can't exactly say that you helped my G.P.A., but this last semester was certainly rewarding in ways that I never imagined.
Enough about me though, you are changing and growing so much every day.
You're starting to wise up to the fact that you have mom and dad wrapped around your little chubby fingers; a little wimper and pouty face usually get you what you want these days, at which point you suddenly smile and laugh.
You picked the week of my graduation to decide that all of the sudden you would no longer take a bottle. The baby who never refused food in any form was getting picky, eh? Turns out you are stubborn like your mama because you went almost 12 hours without eating. Even though things like this can be challenging and frustrating, I find it hard to be upset because it's one way I know you're growing up and becoming more aware of the world around you.
Sometimes when you're cranky, I'm the only one who can calm you down. You'll need to work on that before you start day care in a year and a half or so, but for now I like knowing that you need me.
You are exploring more with your hands; when you reach out and touch something, you open and close your fist repeatedly and touch the surface. This also turns into lightly pinching and squeezing my arm when I hold you and I love it! You still love to feel mom and dad's face when we get close to you, and run your hands over our nose, mouth and cheeks.
You are getting really strong! This month you started being able to sit up on your own. Often you'll lift your head up when you're reclined. On tummy time you move around a little bit, mostly spinning yourself in circles, but occasionally moving forward a little. You haven't quite figured out how to roll over from your back to your belly, but you have the muscles to do it. When I move your leg across your body to get you started, you take care of the rest.
Abs of Steel from Lisa Ottomanelli on Vimeo.
Singing and listening to music are surefire ways to make you happy. You also love reading books and playing with toys that make noise.
This past weekend you went swimming in a pool for the first time. Board shorts and a rash guard never looked so sexy!
You seemed to like it except for the fact that you got cold when your chest was above water. We'll go again when it's a little warmer outside :)
Every day you develop more of your unique personality and learn how to melt our hearts in new ways. Sometimes I wish you didn't have to go to sleep because I don't want to interrupt our playtime, but let's be honest, you can be a little cranky when you aren't well rested!
We love you so much and look forward to seeing what new things you will learn next month.
Love,
Mommy and Daddy
No comments:
Post a Comment