You are nine months old today. The closer we get to the one year mark, the more I find myself reminiscing about the newborn version of you and thinking about all the ways in which you have changed and grown. Sometimes I can't believe what a little person you are and how much you understand of all that is going on around you.
In my mind, the biggest difference from the newborn days is sleep. We're all getting it! You've always been a pretty good sleeper but your daddy and I are finally starting to feel rested and energized again. You go to bed at 7pm and wake up around 6:30am. Then you sleep another 2-3 hours during the day. Every time we come get you out of your crib, you're doing push ups in the middle of the mattress and babbling to yourself.
You're not crawling yet, but you're starting to creep on the floor. It seems inefficient to me, but you don't seem to be frustrated. You'll pull yourself around, usually in circles, with your belly still on the ground and you'll scoot backwards. I'm trying to enjoy the last few weeks of a semi-immobile baby and a non-baby-proofed apartment, but I'm also excited for you to learn how to move and explore the world around you.
Most of your food these days is mashed up or cut into little pieces instead of pureed. You aren't a very picky eater, but your appetite is kind of fickle. One day you'll eat two bites and call it a meal, the next you'll eat pieces of zucchini, cheerios, an egg yolk, sweet potatoes, rice and carrots. It's fun being able to feed you little pieces of what we're eating and I look forward to sharing lots of meals with you!
You also finally drank straight formula a few weeks back and don't seem to mind it too much. Right now you have that about twice a week. I'm hoping we don't really have to switch to it and can just transition to whole milk in a few months, but it's nice to know that you'll take formula in a pinch!
Your tooth is getting bigger and bigger each day. I'm sure you're ready to be done with teething and believe me, so am I. I will miss that gummy smile more than anything, but I'm a little curious as to what you'll look like with teeth too. Let's just hope you get a break from the teething business soon!
I could listen to you babble all day long. I love hearing your voice. You now say Mama and Dada, although you don't really call us those names yet. If we say them, you will look at the right person, but you know I'm dying for you to say Mama to me! Come on!
You are an expert high-fiver and wave high and bye-bye to mostly everyone these days. Occasionally, I'll get a hug from you which is the BEST. Kisses are still open-mouthed and very slobbery. You are starting to figure out how to clap your hands and like it when I help you do it faster and louder. You are getting much better at "gentle" when you pet the cats. Seeing one of their tails sway back and forth still makes you crack up laughing. You love the swing set, splashing in the pool, watching other kids and being outdoors.
I love doing whatever you're doing.
Welcome to Month 10 little man!
Love,
Mommy and Daddy
More pictures...
![]() |
| Timothy Month 9 |

No comments:
Post a Comment