Are you really 10 months old already?! I just got used to telling people you were 9 months. It amazes me how much more you become a unique little person every day with a personality tailored to fit just you.
You flirt with everyone these days, smiling, laughing, playing peek-a-boo. Very rarely are you too shy to go to someone new or play with them. But you have become a total mama's boy. If I'm standing nearby, you will lean towards me, arms outstretched, and cry if you have to. For now I think it's sweet, but I'm already dreading the separation anxiety we'll encounter a year from now when I head back to work.
Reading books is still your favorite activity. You pull them from your bookshelf, and sometimes spread out 4 or 5 around you, turning the pages and going back and forth between them. If I read to you, you sit in our lap patiently for the whole story (or 10 in a row, whichever it may be). It seems like you study the pictures very carefully while we speak the words to you.
You like being around other kids but I wouldn't exactly say you "play together." Often there will be a toy both of you want to
Timmy and Richie Playing Together from Lisa Ottomanelli on Vimeo.
Everyone always comments on what a mellow baby you are. And it's true. Very little phases you. I think you like to focus on observing everything around you when you're out in public. Usually you are content to sit in one place and play with one or two things for up to an hour at a time. The best toys are your train, plastic keys and your ride-along rocket. You also very much enjoy ripping apart the foam mat tiles and trying to eat paper. I'm anxiously awaiting the day where you don't put every single thing in your mouth.
You are a lot closer to crawling than we realized at your last doctor's visit. You now get up on your knees and rock back and forth, do the army crawl and the inchworm (pulling yourself forward), hold a perfect plank position and are starting to pull yourself up on things. I know the correct parental response to this should be fear and a sense of urgency to baby-proof, but I'm just excited for you to be able to explore more now. I enjoyed a solid 10 months of being able to put you somewhere and not worry about restraining you in any way. I think that was enough time.
I call it, the Inchworm from Lisa Ottomanelli on Vimeo.
You babble incessantly, but we still haven't picked out a distinct word yet. I'm sure you'll be working on it for the next month because it seems like you really want to talk. We are starting to see how much you understand too. When we ask, "Timmy, are you hungry?" you start giggling and looking for me.
Timmy, you are such a joy to be around and I'm so glad I get to spend this time with you. I hope I remember everything and when you're a teenager, I sure hope I remember how cuddly, loveable and perfect you were at this age! As we enter your first holiday season, I am so excited to create memories and traditions as a family of three.
Love,
Mommy and Daddy
![]() |
| Timothy Month 10 |

No comments:
Post a Comment